Resources & External Reference
The following page may contain references or links to other websites that are not operated by Cepheid (the "Third Party Sites"). These references and/or links to Third Party Sites are provided for your reference and convenience only, and do not imply any review or endorsement of any material on these Third Party Sites or any association with their operators. Cepheid does not control these Third Party Sites and is not responsible for their content. Third Party Sites and any websites to which they link may contain information about uses of products that have not been approved or cleared by the Food and Drug Administration. Cepheid does not endorse any "off-label" uses. In addition, Third Party Sites and websites to which they link may contain information that is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated. Your access and use of Third Party Sites and any Web sites to which they link are solely at your own risk.
1. Xpert MTB/RIF Bibliography
2. HBDC Training Courses Program 2013 [online registration]
3. A new online resource GlobalHealthDiagnostics (GHD) has been created to encourage and support research into improving diagnostics in Global Health through the sharing of knowledge, methods and tools and by enabling the creation of diverse research collaborations. There, users discuss and share practical experiences using Diagnostic Systems including the GeneXpert® and the Xpert® MTB/RIF test.
This resource is part of The Global Health Network and is currently led by an interim founding steering committee and managed by a central operational team. It is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Oxford Tropical Network. Each of the member websites has its own governance structure and details of these are found on each of the member websites. The Interim Founding Steering Committee is comprised of Trudie Lang (University of Oxford), Kevin Marsh (KEMRI-Wellcome Programme, Kenya), Rosanna Peeling (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine), and Jeremy Farrar (Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Vietnam).
4. Webinar - The Economic & Clinical Impact of Rapid TB Testing [listen] [download PDF]
Listen to Professor Wendy Stevens share her experience with the large scale implementation of Cepheid's Xpert® MTB/RIF test in South Africa's National Health Laboratory Service.
The presentation highlights the following:
• Recent implementation of Xpert® MTB/RIF in South Africa and lessons learned.
• Adaptation of Clinical pathways / algorithms to guide integration of Xpert® MTB/RIF into TB Programs.
• Cost-benefit analysis of Xpert® MTB/RIF one year after implementation
• Review of actual testing costs including reagents, transport, personnel, training, waste disposal, etc.
• Review of economic benefits derived from reduced time to result, ease of use, and quality of results
compared to former testing methodologies used
5. Warranty Extension